What is a scientist after all? It is a curious man looking through a keyhole, the keyhole of nature, trying to know what's going on.
- Jacques Cousteu

Monday, November 7, 2011

Eaaarthquaaaaake!!!!!!!

If you are reading this blog, then you too survived the great earthquake of 2011. It was a day that few of us will forget.


Saturday, November 5th began as a calm, breezy day. It was a great day for college football, cookouts, and just having fun. Unfortunately, I was sick in bed with a stomach virus and my mom drove down from Tulsa to help take care of the kids. I managed to weather the sickness and watch the games, but after that I was too exhausted to keep my eyes open any longer and I tried to go to sleep. That is when disaster struck. I heard the faint sound of a large truck, or so I thought, which then turned into the sound of a jet airplane barreling down on my house. Suddenly, my bed began to violently shake and I leapt from my bed to the floor, but the shaking did not stop. I ran into the living room at the same time my older son did the same. We both woke my mom up who had no idea what was going on. I was watching the chandelier in the kitchen swaying back and forth when suddenly the shaking stopped. It was over and we were survivors. As I saw the news reports flooding in and the pictures of cracked sidewalks and turned over lawn furniture, I realized how lucky we were. That was one of those days that I will look back on for the rest of my life and be thankful to have made it through.


Bahahahahaha, on a more serious note, that earthquake did scare the crap out of me! Fortunately, at that point I was done "being sick". That could have been messy.....

No comments:

Post a Comment