What is a scientist after all? It is a curious man looking through a keyhole, the keyhole of nature, trying to know what's going on.
- Jacques Cousteu

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

I made cheesecake!!!!!

When I committed to making cheesecake for class today, I did so having never done it before. Scary, huh? But, it was a good thing because I have always wanted to and now I could not put it off. So, this weekend I did a practice batch. This was the first time I had used a hand mixer in probably 10 years. It was hilarious!! When I first began mixing cream cheese started flying. There were little bits on me, on the wall, on the countertop. I eventually got it under control and everything went pretty smoothly. I made 3 different kinds: classic, chocolate swirl, and chocolate (the actual recipe was for chocolate swirl). When it was all said and done they were quite tasty. My neighbors had some and really liked them and even Brian, who is really picky and mean about my cooking, loved the classic. That's a good sign. This morning I got up and made the batch for class, classic only because it was easier at this point. I managed to keep all of the ingredients in the bowl. Hopefully everyone likes them! And now that I know how to do it, I won't have to sit out desert on the holidays. I can make my own gluten free cheesecake!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment